Re: pgcrypto compilation error due to stack-allocated EVP_CIPHER_CTX

От Asif Naeem
Тема Re: pgcrypto compilation error due to stack-allocated EVP_CIPHER_CTX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks for updated patch. Although EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup() seems deprecated in OpenSSL >= 1.1.0 i.e.

# if OPENSSL_API_COMPAT < 0x10100000L
#  define EVP_CIPHER_CTX_init(c)      EVP_CIPHER_CTX_reset(c)
#  define EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup(c)   EVP_CIPHER_CTX_reset(c)
# endif

I guess use of deprecated function is fine, until OpenSSL library support it.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 9:31 PM, Asif Naeem <anaeem.it@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for v2 patch, I would like to comment on it. It seems that you
> have used function EVP_CIPHER_CTX_reset in the patch that was introduced in
> OpenSSL 1.1.0, older library version might not work now, is it intentional
> change ?.

I thought I tested that... But yes, that would not compile when linked
with 1.0.2 or older. Using EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup() is safe instead as
that's available down to 0.9.8.
--
Michael