Re: Install shared libs in lib/ and bin/ with MSVC (Was: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin)

От Asif Naeem
Тема Re: Install shared libs in lib/ and bin/ with MSVC (Was: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Install shared libs in lib/ and bin/ with MSVC (Was: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin)  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Install shared libs in lib/ and bin/ with MSVC (Was: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin)  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you Michael overall v3 patch looks good to me, There is one observation that it is not installing following lib files that are required for dev work i.e.

> inst\lib\libpq.lib
> inst\lib\libpgtypes.lib
> inst\lib\libecpg_compat.lib
> inst\lib\libecpg.lib

Please do let me know if I missed something but was not there a need to avoid installing related .dll files in lib (duplicate) along with bin directory e.g.

src\tools\msvc\Install.pm

if ($is_sharedlib)
{
@dirs = qw(bin);
}
else
{
@dirs = qw(lib);
}

Thanks.

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 4:13 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Those entries are removed as well in the patch.

Please find attached a new version of the patch, fixing a failure for
plperl installation that contains GNUmakefile instead of Makefile.
--
Michael