Re: Install shared libs in lib/ and bin/ with MSVC (Was: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Install shared libs in lib/ and bin/ with MSVC (Was: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin)
Дата
Re: Install shared libs in lib/ and bin/ with MSVC (Was: install libpq.dll in bin directory on Windows / Cygwin)  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:03 PM, Asif Naeem <anaeem.it@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Michael overall v3 patch looks good to me, There is one
> observation that it is not installing following lib files that are required
> for dev work i.e.

Thanks for your input.

>> inst\lib\libpq.lib
>> inst\lib\libpgtypes.lib
>> inst\lib\libecpg_compat.lib
>> inst\lib\libecpg.lib
>
> Please do let me know if I missed something but was not there a need to
> avoid installing related .dll files in lib (duplicate) along with bin
> directory e.g?

Yeas, right. Sorry for missing something like that. In HEAD, the
following things are installed regarding the shared libraries:
- In lib/, all .dll and .lib
- In bin/, only libpq.dll

So I have recoded the patch to use an hash of arrays (makes the code
more readable IMO) to be able to track more easily what to install
where, and process now does the following for shared libraries:
- In lib/, install all .dll and .lib
- In bin/, install all .dll

I hope that's fine to you.
Regards,