Re: puzzling perl DBI vs psql problem

От Susan Cassidy
Тема Re: puzzling perl DBI vs psql problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
No, I am connecting to the right database, as my log info shows.  No duplicate table names, except in different databases.  Those tables show all the data I expect, oddly enough, if I connect the perl program to that database.  It is only this database that is giving me trouble.  Which is another oddity.  The identical test database is working fine.  Only this database is giving me trouble.  Naturally the "live" database is causing problems.

Susan

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Susan Cassidy <susan.cassidy@decisionsciencescorp.com> writes:
> I have a weird issue that I can't figure out.
> If I run the exact same query through psql as through perl DBI, I get
> different results.  I get far fewer results with DBI than through the psql
> command line.

Any possibility that the perl program is connecting to a different
database, with similar-but-not-identical data in it?

I've seen variants on that theme involving different users with different
search_path settings finding different-but-similarly-named tables in
different schemas of the same database.

Сообщение: Re: puzzling perl DBI vs psql problem
Сообщение: Re: puzzling perl DBI vs psql problem