s/xlog/wal/ in tools and function names?

От Vladimir Rusinov
Тема s/xlog/wal/ in tools and function names?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I've found myself wondering "where is my xlog" after running pg_switch_xlog() in 10.0.

Renaming pg_xlog to pg_wal created inconsistency between tools, function names and directory name on disk.

Should we also:

- rename pg_switch_xlog and friends to pg_switch_wal?
- rename pg_recievexlog to pg_revievewal (and others in bin/)?
- rename pg_xlogdump to pg_waldump?
- if we do rename, should we keep aliases for functions and symlinks for tools?
- anything else?

--
Vladimir Rusinov
Storage SRE, Google Ireland

Google Ireland Ltd.,Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Registered in Dublin, Ireland
Registration Number: 368047
Вложения