Re: s/xlog/wal/ in tools and function names?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: s/xlog/wal/ in tools and function names?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Vladimir Rusinov <vrusinov@google.com> wrote:
> I've found myself wondering "where is my xlog" after running
> pg_switch_xlog() in 10.0.
>
> Renaming pg_xlog to pg_wal created inconsistency between tools, function
> names and directory name on disk.
>
> Should we also:
>
> - rename pg_switch_xlog and friends to pg_switch_wal?
> - rename pg_recievexlog to pg_revievewal (and others in bin/)?
> - rename pg_xlogdump to pg_waldump?

I think yes to all.

> - if we do rename, should we keep aliases for functions and symlinks for
> tools?

I think no.

> - anything else?

There are some SQL-callable functions that should probably be renamed
to match, too.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: PoC: Partial sort
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] 答复: [HACKERS] postgres 1 个(共 2 个) can pg 9.6 vacuum freeze skip page on index?