Version 11 partitioning: Constraint exclusion vs Partition Pruning

От Mark Steben
Тема Version 11 partitioning: Constraint exclusion vs Partition Pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Good afternoon,

I am contemplating implementing partitioning in Postgres v 11.  I am reading the documentation and came across this statement in the Constraint Exclusion section:
Constraint exclusion only works when the query's WHERE clause contains constants (or externally supplied parameters).
Is this true also in Partition pruning?  I don't see a similar statement in that section.
If we can place variables in the where clause and have partitioning still work, that would be an awesome enhancement.  I see that Declarative partitioning was implemented in version 10 and a whole raft of partitioning enhancements in version 11.  (We are currently at 9.4 and want to upgrade as well).

--
Mark Steben
 Database Administrator

t: 413.327-3045
f: 413.383-9567

www.fb.com/DominionDealerSolutions
www.twitter.com/DominionDealer
 www.drivedominion.com

Сообщение: Re: overwrote THE 'postgres' database - how to recover
Сообщение: Re: overwrote THE 'postgres' database - how to recover