pg_tblspc and fsm files

От Mark Steben
Тема pg_tblspc and fsm files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Good afternoon,

We are running postgres 9.2.12

I created a new tablespace on a disk different from where the actual database resides.  I then create a new index on that tablespace.  While troubleshooting a performance issue I run an
strace and this statement is issued:

pg_tblspc/883496444/PG_9.2_201204301/883496522/885187893_fsm", O_RDWR) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

I search the directory referenced and confirm that, indeed, there is no fsm file that resides there.
Neither is there an fsm file in the database's base directory.  However, we have other indexes built in non-default tablespaces and I find no fsm file there either.

I realize that strace is not a postgres command.  Is this something that needs to be fixed or can I ignore?

Thank you,
--
Mark Steben
 Database Administrator