long running delete

От Mark Steben
Тема long running delete
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Good morning,

We have been running a delete for nearly 24 hours now.  I would like to verify that it is either doing what it is supposed to do or 'spinning its wheels'.

We are running postgres 9.2.12.

The delete statement is not waiting on any other transaction.

I have run straces on the pid and I see lots of 'reads, lseeks, and an occasional semop.  I have also looked in the base directory at the file matched by the oid of the table (as defined in pg_class) and have seen no change in size.

Is there somewhere else I can verify that work is / is not being done?  Perhaps looking for something else in strace?

Thanks for your time.

--
Mark Steben
 Database Administrator