Re: raw output from copy

От Kohei KaiGai
Тема Re: raw output from copy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sorry for my late response.

I've briefly checked a series of discussion in the past.
I understood the target/purpose of this patch is provision of a fast interface
to import/export a particular cell of a relation, by skip of text<->binary
transformation. Its typical use case are XML and JSON data types. Right?

If so, how about the idea to use fast-path invocation protocol to call functions
to import/export these document types?
It allows to accept binary form of the data stream, with minimum overheads.

It seems to me extend of COPY statement for this optimization is a bit overkill
solution. Do we find out an alternative solution that we can build on
the existing
infrastructure?

Best regards,

--