Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache

От Kohei KaiGai
Тема Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/7/18 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:
>>> 3) sepgsql is currently a bit hard to find in the documentation.
>>> www.postgresql.org website search doesn't find sepgsql and selinux only
>>> refers to an old PostgreSQL redhat bug in 2005 on bugzilla.redhat.com. I had
>>> to manually remember it was a contrib module. Also sepgsql isn't linked to
>>> at the SECURITY LABEL page. At the moment I'm unsure if I have seen all
>>> sepgsql related sgml-based documentation.
>>>
>> Improvement of documentation is an issue.
>> The wiki.postgresql.org should be an appropriate place, maybe.
>>
>> The reason why SECURITY LABEL does not point to sepgsql.sgml is
>> that it is general purpose infrastructure for all the upcoming label based
>> security mechanism, not only sepgsql.
>> It was our consensus in v9.1 development.
>
> Actually, I think it's that way mostly because we committed the
> SECURITY LABEL stuff first.  I'd be in favor of adding some kind of
> cross-link.

Hmm. OK, I'll submit a patch to update this documentation stuff tomorrow,
including an explicit -D option as Yeb mentioned.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: patch for 9.2: enhanced errors
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: patch for 9.2: enhanced errors