Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem

От Kohei KaiGai
Тема Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem
Дата
Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/10/8 Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>:
> On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 09:11:08AM +0200, Kohei KaiGai wrote:

>> > Currently, you can predict how CREATE OR REPLACE affects a given object
>> > characteristic with a simple rule: if the CREATE OR REPLACE statement can
>> > specify a characteristic, we don't preserve its existing value. ?Otherwise, we
>> > do preserve it. ?Let's not depart from that rule.
>> >
>> > Applying that rule to the proposed syntax, it shall not preserve the existing
>> > security_barrier value. ?I think that is acceptable. ?If it's not acceptable, we
>> > need a different syntax -- perhaps CREATE SECURITY VIEW.
>> >
>> No. It also preserves the security-barrier flag, when we replace a view without
>> SECURITY option. The only difference is that we have no way to turn off
>> security-barrier flag explicitly, right now.
>>
>> The major reason why I prefer reloptions rather than "SECURITY" option is
>> that allows to reuse the existing capability to store a property of relation.
>> It seems to me both of syntax enables to achieve the rule to preserve flags
>> when a view is replaced.
>
> Yes, there are no technical barriers to implementing either behavior with either
> syntax.  However, CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... WITH (...) has a precedent guiding
> its behavior: if a CREATE OR REPLACE statement can specify a characteristic, we
> don't preserve its existing value.

I tried to refactor the patches based on the interface of WITH (...)
and usage of
pg_class.reloptions, although here is no functionality changes; including the
behavior when a view is replaced.

My preference is WITH (...) interface, however, it is not a strong one.
So, I hope either of versions being reviewed.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>

Вложения

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: alter table only ... drop constraint broken in HEAD
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: libpq, PQdescribePrepared -> PQftype, PQfmod, no PQnullable