Re: [sepgsql 1/3] add name qualified creation label

От Kohei KaiGai
Тема Re: [sepgsql 1/3] add name qualified creation label
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2013/1/24 Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:

>>> But of course Fedora is also the upstream that will become RHEL7
>>> and beyond.
>
> Do we know which version of Fedora will become RHEL7, and thus, which
> version of libselinux will go in RHEL7? (And do we know which version
> of postgres will go in RHEL7, assuming release schedules hold)

I'm not certain...

>>> It might be that the update timing makes a bigger difference in some
>>> other distros, though.  To return to Heikki's original point about
>>> Debian, what are they shipping today?
>>>
>> Even though I'm not good at release cycle of Debian, I tried to check
>> the shipped version of postgresql and libselinux for stable, testing,
>> unstable and experimental release.
>> I'm not certain why they don't push postgresql-9.2 into experimental
>> release yet. However, it seems to me optimistic libselinux-2.1.10 being
>> bundled on the timeline of postgresql-9.3.
>>
>> If someone familiar with Debian's release cycle, I'd like to see the suggestion.
>>
>> * Debian (stable) ... postgresql-8.4 + libselinux-2.0.96
>> http://packages.debian.org/en/squeeze/postgresql
>> http://packages.debian.org/en/source/squeeze/libselinux
>>
>> * Debian (testing) ... postgresql-9.1 + libselinux-2.1.9
>> http://packages.debian.org/en/wheezy/postgresql
>> http://packages.debian.org/en/source/wheezy/libselinux
>
> Just as a note, wheezy is the version that will be the next debian
> stable, and it's in freeze since quite a while back. So we can safely
> expect it will be 2.1.9 that's included in the next debian stable.

It seems to me this means pgsql-9.1 shall be bundled with
libselinux-2.1.9, but not pgsql-9.3, so here is no matter.

When pgsql-9.3 is released, Fedora 17 will exceed end-of-life.
Debian already releases libselinux-2.1.12 on experimental package
even though its pgsql is 9.1. Is it too optimistic estimation?

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>

От: Thom Brown
Сообщение: Re: Materialized views WIP patch
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Skip checkpoint on promoting from streaming replication