Re: [sepgsql 1/3] add name qualified creation label

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [sepgsql 1/3] add name qualified creation label
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:
> 2013/1/24 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'd be far more interested in what is in RHEL and CentOS.    Fedora,
>>> with its 6 month obsolescence cycle, is of zero interest to me for
>>> deploying database servers.
>>
>> But of course Fedora is also the upstream that will become RHEL7
>> and beyond.

Do we know which version of Fedora will become RHEL7, and thus, which
version of libselinux will go in RHEL7? (And do we know which version
of postgres will go in RHEL7, assuming release schedules hold)

>> It might be that the update timing makes a bigger difference in some
>> other distros, though.  To return to Heikki's original point about
>> Debian, what are they shipping today?
>>
> Even though I'm not good at release cycle of Debian, I tried to check
> the shipped version of postgresql and libselinux for stable, testing,
> unstable and experimental release.
> I'm not certain why they don't push postgresql-9.2 into experimental
> release yet. However, it seems to me optimistic libselinux-2.1.10 being
> bundled on the timeline of postgresql-9.3.
>
> If someone familiar with Debian's release cycle, I'd like to see the suggestion.
>
> * Debian (stable) ... postgresql-8.4 + libselinux-2.0.96
> http://packages.debian.org/en/squeeze/postgresql
> http://packages.debian.org/en/source/squeeze/libselinux
>
> * Debian (testing) ... postgresql-9.1 + libselinux-2.1.9
> http://packages.debian.org/en/wheezy/postgresql
> http://packages.debian.org/en/source/wheezy/libselinux

Just as a note, wheezy is the version that will be the next debian
stable, and it's in freeze since quite a while back. So we can safely
expect it will be 2.1.9 that's included in the next debian stable.

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/