Re: Future of our regular expression code

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: Future of our regular expression code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20 February 2012 10:42, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I have also got
> a bunch of text about the colormap management code, which I think
> is interesting right now because that is what we are going to have
> to fix if we want decent performance for Unicode \w and related
> classes (cf the other current -hackers thread about regexes).
> I was hoping to prevail on you to pick that part up as your first
> project.  I will commit what I've got in a few minutes --- look
> for src/backend/regex/README in that commit.

Okay, I've read through your README content, it was very helpful.
I'll now go chew through some more reading material and then start
studying our existing regex source code.  Once I'm firing on all
cylinders with this stuff, I'll begin to tackle the colormap.

Cheers,
BJ