Re: Future of our regular expression code

От Billy Earney
Тема Re: Future of our regular expression code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
libraryfrom Henry.  Maybe someone involved with that project would help explain the library?  Also I noticed at the url
aboveis a few ports people did from Henry's code.  I didn't download and analyze their code, but maybe they have made
style="margin:00 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class="im">Brendan Jurd <<a
href="mailto:direvus@gmail.com">direvus@gmail.com</a>>writes:<br /> > Are you far enough into the backrefs bug
beendoing today is a brain dump.  This code is<br /> never going to be maintainable by anybody except its original
author<br/> without some internals documentation, so I've been trying to write<br /> some based on what I've managed to
reverse-engineerso far.  It's<br /> not very complete, but I do have some words about the DFA/NFA stuff,<br /> which I
willprobably revise and fill in some more as I work on the<br /> backref fix, because that's where that bug lives.  I
havealso got<br /> a bunch of text about the colormap management code, which I think<br /> is interesting right now
becausethat is what we are going to have<br /> to fix if we want decent performance for Unicode \w and related<br />
classes(cf the other current -hackers thread about regexes).<br /> I was hoping to prevail on you to pick that part up
asyour first<br /> project.  I will commit what I've got in a few minutes --- look<br /> for src/backend/regex/README
inthat commit.  I encourage you to<br /> add to that file as you figure stuff out.  We could stand to upgrade<br /> a
lotof the code comments too, of course, but I think a narrative<br /> description is pretty useful before diving into