Re: [PERFORM] postgresql tuning with perf

От Purav Chovatia
Тема Re: [PERFORM] postgresql tuning with perf
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Pascal,

Do you mean the sample program that acts as the application, do you want me to share that? I can do that, but I guess my post will get blocked.

Yes, c1 is the PK. Pls see below:
bmdb=# desc dept_new
      Table "public.dept_new"
 Column |     Type      | Modifiers
--------+---------------+-----------
 c1     | numeric(10,0) | not null
 c2     | numeric(10,0) |
.
.
.
.
.
 c205   | numeric(10,0) |
    "dept_new_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (c1)

bmdb=#

We dont analyze after loading the table. But I guess thats required only if the query plan is in doubt, lets say its doing a full table scan or alike, isnt it? That is not the case. The query is using PK index but it just seems to be slow.

Thanks