Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016, 9:59 a.m. John R Pierce, <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 7/6/2016 6:52 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:

the only way to archive the wal_files from a slave into another slave on PostgreSQL 9.2, is by using pg_reveivexlog?

Yes. Though I have never tried this myself but going by the theory, it should work.

a slave doesn't generate wal_files at all.

if your master is keeping a wal_archive, slaves, including cascaded streaming slaves, can all use that same archive as their wal source, these are only used for catchup when streaming is interrupted.

But the slave can send wal to a wal_receiver and I think pg_receivexlog will be nothing less than a wal_receiver. I will hold back from any further comments unless I have tried it.

But a good question here is, why do you want to do that? Why Archive from standby to cascaded standby? If it is only to catchup, the archives from master are good enough

Best Regards
Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com

Сообщение: Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2
Сообщение: Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2