Re: pg_basebackup failing

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: pg_basebackup failing
Дата
Re: pg_basebackup failing
Список pgsql-general
The error you are seeing is triggered because this relation file
exceeds MAX_TAR_MEMBER_FILELEN or 8GB for a single tar member, which
is as well the norm for tar.

I thought PostgreSQL would break the file if it grows beyond 1GB (1GB is segment size which one can modify while compiling). Am I missing something or have I got it totally wrong?

> Is there a solution/workaround?
Not use a pg_basebackup but an external backup solution or a custom
script. Break this relation file into several pieces by doing some
partitions on it.
> Can I break up the referenced file somehow?
Partitions on the parent table.

Which might have other implications on the performance if the queries do not use Partition key in where clause.

Best Regards,
Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.
101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533
M : +65 8110 0350 T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Вложения

От: Ivan Voras
Сообщение: Re: how is text-equality handled in postgresql?
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup failing