Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016, 10:10 a.m. Patrick B, <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:
ok...

I'll archive the wal_files locally on slave01,

How? I assume you are planning on doing this with scp/rsync in archive_command in upstream master.

and then send them to slave02 every 10 minutes, for example.

Sounds good. But why? Is it just to have redundunt archives?
On your upstream master you can also use a custom script which inturn would be scp'ing the wals to 2 or 3 servers for archiving purposes

This will be done by rsync or something else.

I'll have still the problem with timeline, and slave02 won't be able to become a master in the future.

No, you should not have a problem. Since rsync will also copy the timeline related files to slave02

Is that right?
Best Regards
Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com

Сообщение: Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2
Сообщение: Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2