Re: [POC] FETCH limited by bytes.

От Corey Huinker
Тема Re: [POC] FETCH limited by bytes.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Review:

- There is an established idiom in postgres_fdw for how to extract
data from lists of DefElems, and this patch does something else
instead.  Please make it look like postgresIsForeignRelUpdatable,
postgresGetForeignRelSize, and postgresImportForeignSchema instead of
inventing something new.  (Note that your approach would require
multiple passes over the list if you needed information on multiple
options, whereas the existing approach does not.)

I will look into that. The original patch pre-dates import foreign schema, so I'm not surprised that I missed the established pattern.

- I think the comment in InitPgFdwOptions() could be reduced to a
one-line comment similar to those already present.

Aye.

- I would reduce the debug level on the fetch command to something
lower than DEBUG1, or drop it entirely.  If you keep it, you need to
fix the formatting so that the line breaks look like other ereport()
calls.

As I mentioned, I plan to drop it entirely.  It was only there to show a reviewer that it works as advertised. There's not much to see without it.

- We could consider folding fetch_size into "Remote Execution
Options", but maybe that's too clever.

If you care to explain, I'm listening. Otherwise I'm going forward with the other suggestions you've made.

I would not worry about trying to get this into the regression tests.

Happy to hear that.