Re: How to upgrade postgres 8.4 -> 9.1 contrib?

От Benedikt Grundmann
Тема Re: How to upgrade postgres 8.4 -> 9.1 contrib?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I just realized I never replied.  This basically worked the only thing I couldn't get to work is to register the hstore binary send and receive functions with the hstore type.  (As far as I can see there is no alter type set primitives or similar).  However that doesn't matter for us as we don't use the binary protocol.

Thanks,

Bene

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Benedikt Grundmann <bgrundmann@janestreet.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Benedikt Grundmann <bgrundmann@janestreet.com> writes:
>> What is the official guide line?
>
> You could try (1) run the 9.0 version of the hstore install script
> and then (2) do the CREATE EXTENSION FROM UNPACKAGED bit.  I'd
> strongly recommend testing this procedure in a scratch copy of your
> installation first, though.

Thanks Tom.  Due to <complicated-not-relevant-reasons> it might take a
while for us to do so but if we do try this out I'll let the list know
if it worked.

Cheers,

Bene

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: TRIGGER EVENT
От: Luca Ferrari
Сообщение: Re: BLOB updates -> database size explodes