Re: Implement a column store for pg?

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: Implement a column store for pg?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 15, 2023 at 10:21 AM jacktby jacktby <jacktby@gmail.com> wrote:
> I’m trying to implement a new column store for pg, is there a good example to reference?
That’s too complex, I just need to know the interface about design a column store. In fact, I just need a simple example, and I will implement it by myself, what I’m confusing is that, I don’t know how to implement a MVCC, because old version is tuple, this will make a big difference to the transaction?

If you're looking for the simplest version of a columnar implementation for Postgres, I'd check out Citus' original cstore implemented via FDW. It hasn't been updated in years, but it's still one of the faster simple columnar implementations out there https://github.com/citusdata/cstore_fdw

--
Jonah H. Harris

От: torikoshia
Сообщение: Re: Make --help output fit within 80 columns per line
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Add 'worker_type' to pg_stat_subscription