Re: query performance after database rename

От Jonah H. Harris
Тема Re: query performance after database rename
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 9:54 AM Don Seiler <don@seiler.us> wrote:
Off the top of my head, I'd say after switching to a new database, you'd have a cold buffer cache. There's a possibility of old statistics. Are you syncing data changes from the old DB to the new DB?

Yeah. That would be my guess as well. Sounds like blocks from the new database would likely be causing high evictions from those of the old database. Would be interesting to see an overview of it with pg_buffercache.

Also, I'm curious *why* you're doing this.

Ditto.

--
Jonah H. Harris