Re: Reading schema information

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Reading schema information
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Looks like a bug, can you please file it on github

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On 25 May 2015 at 11:21, dmp <danap@ttc-cmc.net> wrote:
dmp wrote:
dmp wrote:
Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
Sorry for missing the email subject in my previous email !

I am trying to get some information about a coloum using the method:

  DatabaseMetaData.getString("IS_GENERATEDCOLUMN")

However it is throwing an exception:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name IS_GENERATEDCOLUMN
was not found in this ResultSet.

Based on javadoc for getColumns method:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html#getColumns(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)

We have:

IS_GENERATEDCOLUMN String => Indicates whether this is a generated column

YES --- if this a generated column
NO --- if this not a generated column
empty string --- if it cannot be determined whether this is a generated column

My questions is, is this a bug ? if not, how can I obtain this
information about a column (if it's generated or not) ?

Thank you.

Hello,

I'm sorry, after testing, currently the given name IS_GENERATEDCOLUMN is
given the error as you describe. The index of 23 can be used to obtain the
results desired.

Did you search the mailing list for a report or issue on this?

danap.

Hello,

Sorry for an earlier error.

rs = dbMetaData.getColumns(tableMetaData.getCatalogName(1),
            tableMetaData.getSchemaName(1),
            tableMetaData.getTableName(1), "%");

On further check, org.postgresql.Abstractjdbc2DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() does
not implement the named Field IS_GENERATEDCOLUMN. As indicated using an index
of 23 instead of the named Field should work.

danap.