Re: A method to asynchronously LISTEN ?

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: A method to asynchronously LISTEN ?
Дата
Re: A method to asynchronously LISTEN ?  (Philippe Ebersohl <philippe.ebersohl@dalim.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Philippe,

Here's what's going on. The FE/BE protocol is somewhat synchronous and the NOTIFY is not being read until some other activity occurs on the channel.

If you modify your test to do the following it works fine.

public void testNotify() throws SQLException, InterruptedException {
AtomicBoolean flag = new AtomicBoolean(false);
((PGConnection)conn).addNotificationListener(new PGNotificationListener() {
@Override
public void notification(PGNotification notification) {
System.out.println("Notification Received");
flag.set(true);
}
});
stmt.executeUpdate("LISTEN mynotification");
for (int i=0;i<30; i++) {
stmt.execute("select 1");
Thread.sleep(1000);
}