Re: Support waffle>1.7.4

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Support waffle>1.7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On 17 April 2016 at 16:16, Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net> wrote:
* Craig Ringer wrote:

On 13 April 2016 at 01:51, Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net
<mailto:chris@chrullrich.net>> wrote:

    other direction. Last November, waffle-jna 1.7.5 was released,
    containing an incompatible API change that is also present in all
    released 1.8 versions. The fix is simple; as far as the code goes,
    it is a one-line patch. What incantations may be required on the
    Maven side, I do not know.

    The API change was made as part of fixing a handle leak [1].

    Applying this patch raises the minimum required waffle version to
    1.7.5 or 1.8.0.

Looks sensible to me, it just requires a pom.xml update to bump the
required waffle version along with it.

I'm on hols this week but will try to get it sorted out next week.
Christian, if you send a github pull that passes tests and updates the
pom.xml I'll just merge it directly instead.

Sorry. I'd be happy to do *that*, but it looks like that's not all there is to it. It would be easy if the waffle version was set in pgjdbc's pom.xml itself, but instead it references a property from the parent (pgjdbc-versions, or possibly pgjdbc-core-parent, because apparently you have to change it in both places before the build actually starts caring).

My current theory is that I'd have to somehow remove the property from -core-parent (for reasons of sanity), then change it in -versions, bump the version of -versions itself, track that change in -core-parent, put both in the local Maven repository to fake a release, then update the version of -versions referenced in pgjdbc so it picks them up, massage the environment until the tests actually pass, and then send three pull requests, against three repositories, to effectively remove 12 bytes and change one more; three pull requests, of course, the merging of each of which individually breaks the build. (</sentence>)

The alternative: Do nothing for a week.

I think I'll pick the second one, thank you.

So the reason this is so complicated is that we build for 3 different JRE versions.