Kerberos problem with pg_ident that happens with JDBC but not with PSQL.

От Bear Giles
Тема Kerberos problem with pg_ident that happens with JDBC but not with PSQL.
Дата
Re: Kerberos problem with pg_ident that happens with JDBC butnot with PSQL.  (Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
I have a 9.4 server configured to work with MIT Kerberos. My pg_hba.conf file requires matching my realm and my pg_ident.conf file matches anything with the pattern /([^/]+)/postgres to \1.

I can log in via psql. That's important - it tells me that whatever is going on is not due to the PostgreSQL server or Kerberos server or their configuration. I can verify that it's not just blindly matching since I can log in as bgiles/postgres but not as bgiles or without a kerberos principal at all.

I cannot log in via jdbc/jaas/keytab file. According to the logs I am getting authenticated as a member of my realm (so I'm getting past pg_hba.conf) but I'm not matching anything in the pg_ident.conf file.

Sometimes it looks like the system is trying to match bgiles/postgres@bgiles instead of bgiles/develop but I'm not seeing that with the most recent configuration.

I've tried simplifying the pg_ident.conf entry but with no joy. However that sidesteps the bigger issue since I can log in via psql. The configuration files are valid.

Anyway my breakdown is:

identical:
- MIT kerberos
- postgresql 9.4
- principal
- keytab file (I'm initializing kinit using the keytab file to be absolutely certain of this)
- network (same hardware)

different
- psql (works)
- jdbc (9.4 driver), jaas, java 1.8. (does not)

My JAAS code based on material I found online. It seems to work (I am recognized as a valid user by the PostgreSQL server) and I didn't find any references to the code being broken. It did take me a few hours to find the right combination of configuration values that let me authenticate per the logs and per the error message. FWIW it says 'bgiles/postgres' can't be authenticated but like I said the logs show that I'm getting to the pg_ident stage.

That leaves the jdbc driver. Does this make any sense at all?

I can provide access to the server if it will help. All of this has been done on AWS EC2 instances and it doesn't take long to spin up.

Configuration file:

pgjdbc {
    com.sun.security.auth.module.Krb5LoginModule required
    refreshKrb5Config=true
    doNotPrompt=true
    useTicketCache=true
    renewTGT=false
    useKeyTab=true
    keyTab="/tmp/krb5.keytab"
    debug=true
    client=true
    principal="bgiles/postgres"
    ;
};

Test file:

public class KerberosPostgreSQLTest {

    static {
        URL url = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResource("jaas.conf");
        System.setProperty("java.security.auth.login.config", url.toExternalForm());
        System.setProperty("java.security.krb5.realm", "SNAPLOGIC.COM");
        System.setProperty("java.security.krb5.kdc", "kdc");
    }

    @Test
    public void test() throws Exception {
        String url = "jdbc:postgresql://kpg/bgiles";
        String user = "bgiles/postgres";

        Properties connInfo = new Properties();
        connInfo.put("user", user);
        //connInfo.put("kerberosServerName", "postgres");
        connInfo.put("jaasApplicationName", "pgjdbc");

        try (Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, connInfo)) {

        }
    }
}

Console:

Debug is  true storeKey false useTicketCache true useKeyTab true doNotPrompt true ticketCache is null isInitiator true KeyTab is /tmp/krb5.keytab refreshKrb5Config is true principal is bgiles/postgres tryFirstPass is false useFirstPass is false storePass is false clearPass is false

Refreshing Kerberos configuration
Acquire TGT from Cache
Principal is bgiles/postgres@COYOTESONG.COM
null credentials from Ticket Cache
principal is bgiles/postgres@COYOTESONG.COM
Will use keytab
Commit Succeeded

(the 'success' refers to being successfully recognized by Kerberos. The PostgreSQL failure appears as a stack trace.)

Stack Trace:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: GSSAPI authentication failed for user "bgiles/postgres"
at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:433)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:208)
at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:66)
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.<init>(PgConnection.java:215)
at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:406)
at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:274)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:208)
at com.snaplogic.sandbox.KerberosPostgreSQLTest.test(KerberosPostgreSQLTest.java:54)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50)
at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:325)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:78)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:57)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:86)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:459)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:670)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:382)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:192)

PostgreSQL log:

016-04-20 00:02:49 UTC [18787-1] bgiles/postgres@bgiles LOG:  no match in usermap "gss" for user "bgiles/postgres" authenticated as "bgiles/postgres"
2016-04-20 00:02:49 UTC [18787-2] bgiles/postgres@bgiles FATAL:  GSSAPI authentication failed for user "bgiles/postgres"
2016-04-20 00:02:49 UTC [18787-3] bgiles/postgres@bgiles DETAIL:  Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 101: "host all all 75.144.16.201/32 gss map=gss"

016-04-20 00:13:16 UTC [18919-1] bgiles/postgres@bgiles LOG:  no match in usermap "gss" for user "bgiles/postgres" authenticated as "bgiles/postgres@COYOTESONG.COM"
2016-04-20 00:13:16 UTC [18919-2] bgiles/postgres@bgiles FATAL:  GSSAPI authentication failed for user "bgiles/postgres"
2016-04-20 00:13:16 UTC [18919-3] bgiles/postgres@bgiles DETAIL:  Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 100: "host all all 75.144.16.201/32 gss include_realm=1 map=gss krb_realm=COYOTESONG.COM"

pg_hba.conf

host all all 75.144.16.201/32 gss include_realm=1 map=gss krb_realm=COYOTESONG.COM

pg_ident.conf

# MAPNAME       SYSTEM-USERNAME         PG-USERNAME
gss     /^(.*)/postgres@COYOTESONG\.COM$ \1

(Realm added since I have 'include_realm' in pg_hba.conf configuration. It works with psql.)