Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On 17 February 2016 at 16:57, Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com> wrote:
On Wednesday 17 of February 2016 22:47:04 Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 of February 2016 19:41:52 Álvaro Hernández Tortosa wrote:
> >      The only other real alternative is change the code to work around
> > waffle, and after a long time debating I have seen nobody to come up
> > with a fix for this.
>
> Please 's/work-around/make soft-dependency/' and specify that the work
> must be done upstream.

And also note that we can't start to work on patches if we are told that
this is something which is not desired for upstream.  So the fact that
nobody (we in particular :)) come up with fix is due to this.

Pavel

I think I already made my position clear. The time to chime in on how we organized the code is not after we do a major re-organization.

FWIW, I've had conversations with other people in redhat projects that consume the driver and they use maven

This is the defacto standard for java dependency resolution. At least one other programming language use a similar mechanism. I can think of three off the top of my head. Python, go, ruby.

What project in the distribution requires this dependency? Probably JBoss as it appears to be the last major product that is still built using ant?

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc