Re: System Query hit to Database

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: System Query hit to Database
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Depends on the size of the catalogs. There are some db's with 1000's of tables and columns, which can end up being a very slow query

On 11 February 2016 at 02:26, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 2/10/2016 9:02 PM, dhaval jaiswal wrote:
I am getting lot of following queries on my Database. I need  your help to stop hitting this kind of queries to database.

I ran that query on a pg server I manage and it took 2.3 milliseconds.  on another instance on the same server, it took 2.00 ms.  you'd have to do that 400-500 times a second continuously to use up one cpu core.     ooh, on a couple older servers it took 4.4ms and 5.0ms, so 200/s.

I'm just saying...   If 'lot of queries' means a dozen per second continuously, thats not much performance wise.