Re: Direct SSL connection and ALPN loose ends

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Direct SSL connection and ALPN loose ends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 25 Jun 2024 at 09:37, Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
I reviewed the documentation for "direct ALPN connections' ', and it looks like it could be improved.

The currently suggested values for "sslnegotiations" are "direct" and "postgres".
The project name is PostgreSQL and the ALPN name is postgresql. Is there a reason why property value uses "postgres"?
Can the value be renamed to postgresql for consistency?

+1 I found it strange that we are not using postgresql

"SSL". Technically, the proper term is TLS, and even the document refers to "IANA TLS ALPN Protocol IDs" (TLS, not SSL).
I would not die on that hill, however, going for tlsnegotiation would look better than sslnegotiation.

+1 again, unusual to use SSL when this really is TLS.

Dave