Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Mikko Tiihonen
<Mikko.Tiihonen@nitorcreations.com> wrote:
> I think the DNS lookup is part of the JDBC failover connection patch that I created.
> I initially used a InetSocketAddress.getHostString() that does not do any DNS lookups, but since that method was
addedin Java7 I had to revert to getHostName() method which does.

> I see following options:
> 1) modify the code so that is uses reflection and if Java7 is detected it will use the no-lookup method
> 2) wait 4 months until Oracle drops Java6 support (Java6 was supposed to be EOL already few months back) and use the
no-lookupvariant
> 3) let the code stay as is and let users fix their dns servers
>
> -Mikko

Number 1 above is probably the best option. Even if Oracle EOL's Java6
we will still have to support it for a while. 3 is probably
indefensible.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

От: Mikko Tiihonen
Сообщение: Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Severe performance degradation when using the 9.2-1000 JDBC 4 driver