Re: Questions about support function and abbreviate

От Han Wang
Тема Re: Questions about support function and abbreviate
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Darafei,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I still don't get the full picture of this.  Let me make my question more clear.

First of all, in the `gistproc.c` of Postgres, it shows that the `abbreviate` attributes should be set before the `abbrev_converter` defined. So I would like to know where to define a `SortSupport` structure with `abbreviate` is `true`.

Secondly, in the support functions of internal data type `Point`, the `abbrev_full_copmarator` just z-order hash the point first like the `abbrev_converter` doing and then compare the hash value. So I don't know the difference between `full_comparator` and `comparator` after `abbrev_converter`.

Best regards,
Han