Re: [GENERAL] Installing module for 9.6, not 9.2, on Centos?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Installing module for 9.6, not 9.2, on Centos?
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Installing module for 9.6, not 9.2, on Centos?  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-general
The biggest problem is that I was out in the Sun too long today and was not paying attention to what you posted.  This part:

PATH=/usr/local/pgsql96/bin:$PATH

is from how I installed various versions of Postgres from source on my machine. My guess is it does not match your setup. You need to find where pg_config is for your 9.6 install and use that path.

Egads, my bad for not catching that path.  Works fine with adding the (actually-existing) /usr/pgsql-9.6/bin to the path.  Thanks so much for your help!

Can I also ask y'all a more general question about this, specifically related to how Postgres is packaged for RHEL/Centos?  I've got both 9.6 and 9.2 installed.  In this case though, it seems that the 9.2 version is privileged/selected by default.  But psql defaults to the 9.6 version.  Are there other similar things that will default to either 9.2 or 9.6?  And if so, what controls that behavior, is it easily-changeable, and/or can you go back and forth?

I've never tried running two versions at once before.  Maybe this is an isolated incident, but I'm just trying to get my mind around the concept, and know what kind of pitfalls if any to expect or beware of.  Thanks!

Ken

--
AGENCY Software
A Free Software data system