Re: [GENERAL] Installing module for 9.6, not 9.2, on Centos?

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Installing module for 9.6, not 9.2, on Centos?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Tue, 2017-05-23 at 23:39 -0700, Ken Tanzer wrote:

> Can I also ask y'all a more general question about this, specifically
> related to how Postgres is packaged for RHEL/Centos?  I've got both 9.6 and
> 9.2 installed.  In this case though, it seems that the 9.2 version is
> privileged/selected by default.

It may happen only if 9.2 is installed via Red Hat RPMs. Otherwise, 9.6 will be
the selected by default for many binaries. If that is your case, you need to:

* Stop 9.2
* Uninstall 9.2 RPMs
* Install 9.2 from PGDG
* Start 9.2
* Stop 9.6
* Reinstall 9.6 (so that the binaries are fixed)
* Start 9.6

>  But psql defaults to the 9.6 version.  Are there other similar things that
> will default to either 9.2 or 9.6?

These are the binaries that defaults to the higher version when there are more
than 1 major version are installed:

psql
clusterdb
createdb
createlang
createuser
dropdb
droplang
dropuser
pg_basebackup
pg_dump
pg_dumpall
pg_restore
reindexdb
vacuumdb

> And if so, what controls that behavior,

We control this by using alternatives

>  is it easily-changeable, and/or can you go back and forth?

Yes, you check update-alternatives command.

Regards,

--
Devrim Gündüz

Вложения