Re: Recommended way to enable data-checksums on Centos 7?

От Ken Tanzer
Тема Re: Recommended way to enable data-checksums on Centos 7?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 1:35 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
If I am following correctly, what you want is something
like the below from pg_ctl, correct?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/app-pg-ctl.html

pg_ctl init[db] [-D datadir] [-s] [-o initdb-options]
>      > checksums are good for data integrity, and can only be done at init
>      > time, I wonder if it's worth adding a note about it to that
>      > documentation page?
>      >

Something like that "-o" option would be nice.  But regardless of the solution, and given how simple & streamlined the install path/directions are, it seems to me to make sense to have some way of doing this that doesn't involve having to read through the setup script.  That could be a simpler option, or it could just be a footnote on the install page, next to the initdb command, something like:

Optionally initialize the database and enable automatic start:
  /usr/pgsql-11/bin/postgresql-11-setup initdb (*)
  systemctl enable postgresql-11
  systemctl start postgresql-11

(*) Some options for initializing the database can't be changed later (except by wiping out and reinitializing).  You can specify options by running export PGSETUP_INITDB_OPTIONS="<your options>" before running this command.  See <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-initdb.html> for options.

Cheers,
Ken

--
AGENCY Software