Re: [HACKERS] pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standby server

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standby server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 10:30 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 6:22 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 10:36 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
>> wrote:
>> >

>> > On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Masahiko Sawada
>> > <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>

>> > Wouldn't it be better to make it *work*? If you have
>> > archive_mode=always, it
>> > makes sense to want to wait on the standby as well, does it not?
>> >

>> Yes, ideally it will be better to make it wait for WAL archiving on
>> standby server when archive_mode=always. But I think it would be for
>> PG11 item, and this item is for PG10.
>>

> I'm not sure. I think this can be considered a bug in the implementation for
> 10, and as such is "open for fixing". However, it's not a very critical bug
> so I doubt it should be a release blocker, but if someone wants to work on a
> fix I think we should commit it.

I agree with you. I'd like to hear opinions from other hackers as well.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Multi column range partition table
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Multi column range partition table