Re: Conflict Detection and Resolution

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Conflict Detection and Resolution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 1:50 PM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 2:33 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > There can be multiple tables included in a publication with varying
> > > business use-cases and thus may need different resolvers set, even
> > > though they all are part of the same publication.
> > >

> > Agreed but this is the reason we are planning to keep resolvers at the
> > table level. Here, I am asking to set resolvers at the subscription
> > level rather than at the global level.
>
> Okay, got it. I misunderstood earlier that we want to replace table
> level resolvers with subscription ones.
> Having global configuration has one benefit that if the user has no
> requirement to set different resolvers for different subscriptions or
> tables, he may always set one global configuration and be done with
> it. OTOH, I also agree with benefits coming with subscription level
> configuration.

Setting resolvers at table-level and subscription-level sounds good to
me. DDLs for setting resolvers at subscription-level would need the
subscription name to be specified? And another question is: a
table-level resolver setting is precedent over all subscriber-level
resolver settings in the database?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada