Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> My original patch added code to manage the files for 2 phase
> transactions opened by the local server on the remote servers. This
> code was mostly inspired from the code in twophase.c which manages the
> file for prepared transactions. The logic to manage 2PC files has
> changed since [1] and has been optimized. One of the things I wanted
> to do is see, if those optimizations are applicable here as well. Have
> you considered that?

Yeah, we're considering it.
After these changes are committed, we will post the patch incorporated
these changes.

But what we need to do first is the discussion in order to get consensus.
Since current design of this patch is to transparently execute DCL of
2PC on foreign server, this code changes lot of code and is
complicated.
Another approach I have is to push down DCL to only foreign servers
that support 2PC protocol, which is similar to DML push down.
This approach would be more simpler than current idea and is easy to
use by distributed transaction manager.
I think that it would be good place to start.

I'd like to discuss what the best approach is for transaction
involving foreign servers.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: Add support for restrictive RLS policies
Сообщение: Re: Add support for restrictive RLS policies