Re: [doc] adding way to examine the plan type of prepared statements

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [doc] adding way to examine the plan type of prepared statements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Torikoshi-san,

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 3:19 PM torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> On 2020-11-18 11:04, torikoshia wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Currently, EXPLAIN is the only way to know whether the plan is generic
> > or custom according to the manual of PREPARE.
> >
> >   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-prepare.html
> >
> > After commit d05b172, we can also use pg_prepared_statements view to
> > examine the plan types.
> >
> > How about adding this explanation like the attached patch?
>
> Sorry, but on second thought, since it seems better to add
> the explanation to the current description of pg_prepared_statements,
> I modified the patch.

You sent in your patch, v2-0001-add-way-to-examine-plan-type.patch to
pgsql-hackers on Nov 19, but you did not post it to the next
CommitFest[1].  If this was intentional, then you need to take no
action.  However, if you want your patch to be reviewed as part of the
upcoming CommitFest, then you need to add it yourself before
2021-01-01 AoE[2]. Thanks for your contributions.

Regards,

[1] https://commitfest.postgresql.org/31/
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anywhere_on_Earth

--