Re: [Todo item] Add entry creation timestamp column to pg_stat_replication

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [Todo item] Add entry creation timestamp column to pg_stat_replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 5:27 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 05:02:31PM +0900, myungkyu.lim wrote:
> >> I got confused by the field name. If we have 'last_msg_send_time'
> >> field in pg_stat_replciation which has information of wal senders
> >> users would think it as a time when the wal sender sent a message last
> >> time. However values of the fields actually shows a time when the wal
> >> receiver sent a reply message last time. So perhaps
> >> 'last_reply_send_time' would be more clear.
> >
> > Good point. 'last_reply_send_time' is better.
> > How about just 'reply_time'?
>
> Please note that the original thread has mentioned reply_timestamp as a
> consensus:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BTgmoZ39FvwbVQGAusNx_Mv%3DyqOr_UFuFnMorNYNvxPaxkOeA%40mail.gmail.com

Yeah, I also agree with 'reply_time'. But please also note that we had
the discussion when there is not the similar system catalogs and
fields. Now that we have them it might be worth to consider to follow
the existing name for consistency.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada