Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 12:50 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 12:01:00PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> >
> > +1.  That would be good to have in the release notes.
> >
> > > I think that since with this commit the server on Windows can handle a
> > > file over 4GB, COPY FROM loading data from an over 4GB file and
> > > pg_dump dumping a large table work now.
> >
> > Segment files or WAL files larger than 4GB also gain from that.
> > Anything for which we may finish to do a stat() on benefits from this
> > change if running on Windows.  For pg_dump, a workaround in PG <= 13
> > was to use --no-sync as the stat() failure came from files with a size
> > larger than 4GB.  That's rather sad as that means sacrifying
> > durability for more usability :(
>
> OK, I went with this text and put it in the Source Code section since it
> applies to several layers of Postgres.

Thanks!

I got the parse error after applying the patch:

release-14.sgml:3562: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8,
indicate encoding !
        (Juan Jos Santamara Flecha)
                 ^

Is that a problem with my environment?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [bug?] Missed parallel safety checks, and wrong parallel safety