Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side
Дата
Re: Skipping logical replication transactions on subscriber side  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 11:58 PM David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 7:47 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I think it's a good idea to clear the subskipxid after the first
>> transaction regardless of whether the worker skipped it.
>>

> So basically instead of stopping the worker with an error you suggest having the worker continue applying changes
(afterresetting subskipxid, and - arguably - the ?_error_* fields).  Log the transaction xid mis-match as a warning in
thelog file as opposed to an error.

Agreed, I think it's better to log a warning than to raise an error.
In the case where the user specified the wrong XID, the worker should
fail again due to the same error.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada