Re: cutting down the TODO list thread

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: cutting down the TODO list thread
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 2:40 AM John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> - Improve autovacuum tuning
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5078AD6B.8060802@agliodbs.com
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20130124215715.GE4528@alvh.no-ip.org
>
> I'm kind of on the fence about these. The title is way too broad, and
> I doubt we are going to forget to keep improving this area.
>
> It seems the first thread is really about auto-analyze thresholds, so
> maybe it should be in a separate entry if we want to do anything
> mentioned in the thread?
>
> The second thread is really about autovacuum launcher scheduling.
> Probably still relevant, but the thread is very long and doesn't seem
> terribly helpful to someone trying to get up to speed on the issues
> that are still relevant. I don't see any more recent discussion,
> either. Thoughts?

There is another discussion on autovacuum scheduling in 2018 here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0A3221C70F24FB45833433255569204D1F8A4DC6%40G01JPEXMBYT05

Some algorithms were proposed there and I implemented a PoC patch:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD21AoBUaSRBypA6pd9ZD%3DU-2TJCHtbyZRmrS91Nq0eVQ0B3BA%40mail.gmail.com

But not completed.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: parallel vacuum comments
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Fix typos - "an" instead of "a"