Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 9:34 PM osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com
<osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Monday, November 15, 2021 9:14 PM I wrote:
> > I've conducted some update for this.
> > (The rebased part is only C code and checked by pgindent)
> I'll update my patches since a new skip xid patch
> has been shared in [1].
>
> This version includes some minor renames of functions
> that are related to transaction sizes.

I've looked at v12-0001 patch. Here are some comments:

-   TupleDescInitEntry(tupdesc, (AttrNumber) 3, "relid",
+   TupleDescInitEntry(tupdesc, (AttrNumber) 3, "last_error_relid",
                       OIDOID, -1, 0);
-   TupleDescInitEntry(tupdesc, (AttrNumber) 4, "command",
+   TupleDescInitEntry(tupdesc, (AttrNumber) 4, "last_error_command",
                       TEXTOID, -1, 0);
-   TupleDescInitEntry(tupdesc, (AttrNumber) 5, "xid",
+   TupleDescInitEntry(tupdesc, (AttrNumber) 5, "last_error_xid",
                       XIDOID, -1, 0);
-   TupleDescInitEntry(tupdesc, (AttrNumber) 6, "error_count",
+   TupleDescInitEntry(tupdesc, (AttrNumber) 6, "last_error_count",
                       INT8OID, -1, 0);
-   TupleDescInitEntry(tupdesc, (AttrNumber) 7, "error_message",
+   TupleDescInitEntry(tupdesc, (AttrNumber) 7, "last_error_message",

If renaming column names clarifies those meanings, the above changes
should be included into my patch that introduces
pg_stat_subscription_workers view?

---
I think that exporting PartitionTupleRouting should not be done in the
one patch together with renaming the view columns. There is not
relevance between them at all. If it's used by v12-0002 patch, I think
it should be included in that patch or in another separate patch.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/