Re: Inconsistent behavior of pg_dump/pg_restore on DEFAULT PRIVILEGES

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Inconsistent behavior of pg_dump/pg_restore on DEFAULT PRIVILEGES
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 8:47 AM Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:

> On 10/14/21, 5:06 PM, "Masahiko Sawada" <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The current pg_dump produced a REVOKE ALL ON TABLES FROM
> > regress_dump_test_role but it seems unnecessary. The patch removes it
> > so looks good to me too.
>
> +1

I've looked at the patch proposed you proposed. If we can depend on
acldefault() being STRICT (which is legitimate to me), I think we
don't need to build an expression depending on the caller (i.g.,
is_default_acl). If acldefault() were to become not STRICT, we could
detect it by regression tests. What do you think?

> If we are going to proceed with the patch in this thread, I think we
> should also mention in the comment that we are depending on
> acldefault() being STRICT.

I've updated the patch.

>  This patch is quite a bit smaller than
> what I had proposed, but AFAICT it produces the same result.

Yes. I've also confirmed both produce the same result.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/