Re: Avoid extra Sort nodes between WindowAggs when sorting can be reused

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Avoid extra Sort nodes between WindowAggs when sorting can be reused
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 4:12 AM, Alexander Kuzmenkov
<a.kuzmenkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the update.
>

> On 07/25/2018 01:37 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>

>>> Hmm, this is missing the eqop fields of SortGroupClause. I haven't
>>> tested yet but does the similar degradation happen if two
>>> SortGroupCaluses have different eqop and the same other values?
>>
>> I wasn’t able to construct a case showing this, but I also think you’re
>> right.
>> Do you have an idea of a query that can trigger a regression?  The
>> attached
>> patch adds a stab at this, but I’m not sure if it’s the right approach.
>

> To trigger that, in your test example you could order by empno::int8 for one
> window, and by empno::int2 for another. But don't I think you have to
> compare eqop here, because if eqop differs, sortop will differ too. I
> removed the comparison from the patch. I also clarified (I hope) the
> comments, and did the optimization I mentioned earlier: using array instead
> of list for active clauses. Please see the attached v6. Otherwise I think
> the patch is good.

Thank you! That makes sense and the patch looks good to me. FWIW maybe
it's good idea to add the comment describing why we didn't that.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center