Re: Avoid extra Sort nodes between WindowAggs when sorting can bereused

От Alexander Kuzmenkov
Тема Re: Avoid extra Sort nodes between WindowAggs when sorting can bereused
Дата
Re: Avoid extra Sort nodes between WindowAggs when sorting can be reused
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel,

Thanks for the update.

On 07/25/2018 01:37 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

>> Hmm, this is missing the eqop fields of SortGroupClause. I haven't
>> tested yet but does the similar degradation happen if two
>> SortGroupCaluses have different eqop and the same other values?
> I wasn’t able to construct a case showing this, but I also think you’re right.
> Do you have an idea of a query that can trigger a regression?  The attached
> patch adds a stab at this, but I’m not sure if it’s the right approach.

To trigger that, in your test example you could order by empno::int8 for
one window, and by empno::int2 for another. But don't I think you have
to compare eqop here, because if eqop differs, sortop will differ too. I
removed the comparison from the patch. I also clarified (I hope) the
comments, and did the optimization I mentioned earlier: using array
instead of list for active clauses. Please see the attached v6.
Otherwise I think the patch is good.

--
Alexander Kuzmenkov
The Russian Postgres Company