Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 6/16/17 04:16, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>> A subscription relation state may have been removed already when we
>> try to update it. SetSubscriptionRelState didn't emit an error in such
>> case but with this patch we end up with an error. Since we shouldn't
>> ignore such error in UpdateSubscriptionRelState I'd say we can let the
>> user know about that possibility in the error message.
>
> So are you saying it's good to have the error message?

Yes. UpdateSubscriptionRelState failure means that the subscription
relation state has disappeared or also means something wrong. So I
think it's good to have it as perhaps errdetail. Thought?

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] REPLICA IDENTITY FULL
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] REPLICA IDENTITY FULL