Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/19/17 22:41, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Peter Eisentraut
>> On 6/16/17 04:16, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>>> A subscription relation state may have been removed already when we
>>> try to update it. SetSubscriptionRelState didn't emit an error in such
>>> case but with this patch we end up with an error. Since we shouldn't
>>> ignore such error in UpdateSubscriptionRelState I'd say we can let the
>>> user know about that possibility in the error message.
>>
>> So are you saying it's good to have the error message?
>>

> Yes. UpdateSubscriptionRelState failure means that the subscription
> relation state has disappeared or also means something wrong. So I
> think it's good to have it as perhaps errdetail. Thought?

I think this could lead to errors in the tablesync workers if they are
trying to write while the entries have already been deleted as part of
the subscription or the table being deleted.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Get stuck when dropping a subscription duringsynchronizing table